Nitrokey Pro 2 Details
- OSHWA Certification: https://certification.oshwa.org/de000008.html
- Hardware source code: https://github.com/Nitrokey/nitrokey-pro-hardware
- Firmware source code: https://github.com/Nitrokey/nitrokey-pro-firmware
- User guide for GNU/Linux: https://docs.nitrokey.com/pro/linux/
For Anybody – Protection Against Mass Surveillance and Crackers
- Protect Online Accounts Against Identity Theft
Nitrokey is your key for secure login to websites (e.g. Google, Facebook). One-time passwords (OTP) and conventional static passwords are supported.
- Encrypt Emails
Encrypt your emails with GnuPG, OpenPGP, S/MIME, Thunderbird or Outlook. Your private keys are securely stored in the Nitrokey and cannot be exported or stolen.
For IT Administrators and Security Experts – Protect Critical Infrastructure
- Securely Administrating Servers With SSH
Securely store your SSH keys in the Nitrokey at all times. Your key is PIN-protected and cannot be exported or stolen from the Nitrokey. This means that you can bypass the insecure and tedious process of synchronizing key files between client systems.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Protecting Your own Products
Protect your own hardware products using Nitrokey integration. Ideal for remote maintenance and for ensuring product authenticity.
For Businesses, Chancelleries and the Self-Employed – Protect Sensitive Data
- Protect Your Data Against Espionage
Encrypt field workers’ entire hard drives by means of TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt or individual files by means of GnuPG. The private keys are thereby securely stored in the Nitrokey.
- Active Directory Integration
Roll out certificates to the Nitrokey via central Active Directory.
- Desktop Login
Log in easily at your local computer desktop with the Nitrokey.
For Computer Manufacturers – Protect BIOS Integrity
- Your users/customers verify the integrity of the computer BIOS with the help of Nitrokey and Verified Boot. The colored LED of the Nitrokey indicates, if the BIOS‘ integrity is intact (green) or a manipulation has been detected (red).
- One-Time Passwords for Protecting Accounts Against Identity Theft
Protect your accounts against identity theft. One-time passwords are generated in the Nitrokey and function as a secondary authentication factor for logins (additional to your normal password). Thus, your accounts remain secure, even in the event that your passwords are stolen.
- Secure Storage of Cryptographic Keys
Securely store your private keys for the encryption of emails, hard drives or individual files in the Nitrokey. They are thereby protected against loss, theft and malware, and can be kept with you at alltimes. Key backups protect against loss.
- Password Manager
Securely store your passwords encrypted in the integrated password manager. This allows you to keep your passwords with you at all times and keep them protected even if the Nitrokey is lost.
- Integrity Verification / Tamper Detection
Verify the integrity of the computer BIOS with the help of Verified Boot. The colored LED of the Nitrokey indicates, if he BIOS‘ integrity is intact (green) or a manipulation has been detected (red). Supported computers are required to have a BIOS based on Coreboot and Heads (e.g. Purism Librem, Insurgo PrivacyBeast, Nitrokey NitroPad).
Supported Systems and Interfaces
- Windows, Mozilla Thunderbird, MS Outlook, GnuPG, SSH, TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt, OpenSC
- CSP, OpenPGP, S/MIME, X.509, PKCS#11
- One-time passwords are compatible with the two-factor authentication of most websites (e.g. Google, Facebook, Dropbox). An overview of OTP-compatible websites can be found at www.dongleauth.com
- Windows, macOS, Linux, BSD
- Secure key storage: 3 x RSA 2048-4096 bit or 3 x ECC 256-521 bit, 1 x AES-128 or AES-256
- Elliptic curves: NIST P-256, P-384, P-521 (secp256r1/prime256v1, secp384r1/prime384v1, secp521r1/prime521v1), brainpoolP256r1, brainpoolP384r1, brainpoolP512r1
- External hash algorithms: SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512
- One-time passwords: 3 x HOTP (RFC 4226), 15 x TOTP (RFC 6238), 1 x HOTP validation
- Password manager: 16 entries
- True random number generator (TRNG): 40 kbit/s
- Tamper-resistant smart card, OpenPGP Card 3.4
- Life expectancy (MTBF, MTTF): > 100,000 PIN entries
- Storage time: > 20 years
- Activity indicator: two-colored LED
- Hardware interface: USB 2.0, type A
- Maximum supply current: 50 mA
- Maximum power consumption: 250 mW
- Size: 48 x 19 x 7 mm
- Weight: 6 g
- Compliance: FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE, OSHwA